Sign in
Post Jobs

Engineering Technician (Civil)

Full Time

Website U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

Who May Apply: US Citizens In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes technical work and a good working knowledge of the features and capabilities of the Bentley MicroStation Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) system for a variety of complex flood control, environmental restoration, and other civil works projects. Duties require a specialized knowledge of civil engineering design principles and construction practices, gained through a combination of extensive on-the-job practical experience, formal education and training in engineering subjects applicable to work performed. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09/10***). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted. ***Determining level of experience required in one-grade interval series — For most one-grade interval occupational series, the qualification standard calls for at least 1 year of specialized experience as described in (m) above. Sometimes, however, there is no position in the normal line of progression in an organization that is one grade lower than the position being filled. In such instances, 1 year of specialized experience at the second lower level is creditable for inservice applicants. However, for outside applicants (i.e., those without current or prior Federal competitive or excepted service), 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower level is required. (See 8.(d) on crediting inservice applicants’ experience in one-grade interval series)

To apply for this job please visit

You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.

Share on