Website Delaware North
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching for a skilled Sous Chef to join our team at Skyland Lodge in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. As Sous Chef, you will successfully manage and supervise the preparation of food and the kitchen team, ensuring everything leaving your kitchen is representative of the high standards that exist within Delaware North.
Housing will be provided in the park.
- Assist in hiring, development, training, and mentoring of staff and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel, and assist in conducting performance evaluations of the production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including termination, of production team when necessary according to company standards.
- Assist in developing training and training programs for the production team.
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business levels.
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- Three years culinary arts experience, including previous experience in a management role. More specifically experience in high-volume, quality-oriented restaurant or banquets department.
- ServSafe certification required
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills, and palette.
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of associates of different skill levels and varied backgrounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen computer production system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good listening skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills.
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients, and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: dining chef, executive chef, executive kitchen, pastry, pastry chef, pizza chef, restaurant assistant chef, restaurant chef, salad chef, sous chef
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.